Thursday, November 30, 2017

'Tis the Season for Blog Train Goodness (2 Blog Trains)

I know I brag a lot about how generous digiscrap designers are. You can always find kits on sale, kits on super-sale, and random bits or even full kits being given away for free.

At Christmas, it seems everyone pulls out all the stops - there is soooooooo much free digi goodness at this time of year!

This is my first Christmas doing blog trains, and I couldn't be happier with what the designers have put together for you.

First of all, there's the first blog train group to let me join their ranks - Digi Blog Train List. Normally we use our blog train to draw awareness to various causes, illnesses and conditions. But this time we're just having fun and creating a huge gift for you!

It's called "Winter Wish 5," and you can pick it up at the group's Facebook page rather than visiting individual blogs. (Be sure to get all three parts!)



The collab will be available until January 3rd!

Next up...the Scrap Designers Blog Train.

The full list of designers participating in this month's blog train includes:

DigiJen Scraps <-- you are here

This group decided to work on a Christmas Song theme. My problem was that I didn't know whether to go "snarky" or "sweet" - I know not everyone is thrilled with the busyness, or the cold weather, or the drain on finances that comes with Christmas in the Northern Hemisphere. And my daughter is one of those who would much rather spend her Christmas holiday on a beach somewhere if she could.

So since I couldn't decide one or the other...I did both.

The snarky/sassy version is called "Grandma's Killer Fruitcake." I'd never heard of the song, but one of the other ladies suggested it, and it's a perfect way to convey the feeling of this word art collection. You can find the lyrics here.

And here is the kit:



The second one was an easy title - "O Holy Night."

There isn't anything especially religious in this set, but "O Holy Night" was my mother's favorite Christmas song, and no one loved Christmas more than my mom and her dad. Fittingly, they both passed away during the Christmas season, in 1999 and 1993, respectively.



As usual, there are variations of some of the files. Since I couldn't decide whether people would prefer word art with pictures or without, you get both for many of the sayings.

Have a wonderful and blessed holiday season, whatever holiday you celebrate. And we'll see you back here in a few weeks for the next Awareness blog train by the Digi Blog Train List ladies.



4 comments:

  1. These are so much fun and thank you for all your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost the end of the year…how quickly time goes by….

    I’ve been following your blog and love the freebies you share!

    I’m busy finishing my project 365 layouts (as you can see on our blog: http://www.tristanvanschie.blogspot.com) to make a yearly photobook. It really has been a busy year because our son Tristan has started High School, so a lot of homework and a lot to plan….. and not enough time to scrap!

    December is a busy month with all the fantastic blogtrains, adventcalendars and christmas freebies.
    I’ve made a pinterest page with a collection of these freebies.
    https://nl.pinterest.com/clautje/advent-freebies-and-blogtrains/

    I wish you (and your family) a Merry Christmas and a Happy scrapping/designing New Year.

    Love from Holland,

    Claudia
    http://www.tristanvanschie.blogspot.com (to see our christmas card!)
    http://www.pinterest.com/clautje (PSE-tutorials and freebies)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’d recommend using Dr. Utu Herbal Cure topically for instant pain and itch relief as well as accelerated healing of lesions and permanently stopping oral and genital herpes virus outbreaks. I have tried just about everything from acyclovir suppressive therapy to different natural oils, extracts, and other natural methods, some of which are EXTREMELY painful and exacerbate the problem (i.e. apple cider vinegar!). While vitamin E oil and suppressive therapy worked well for me, when I became pregnant I went back to trying to find a herbal cure. I was using vitamin E oil topically for a while but it was thin and difficult to use and only seemed to prevent further outbreaks rather than getting rid of it. I contacted Dr. Utu Herbal Cure through my friend. To my surprise, I could tell my outbreak was starting to heal within only a few hours! No more itching or pain! Dr. Utu Herbal Cure that I used was liquid herbs in bottles, so it was very easy to use. It simply whiffs, but it works so I don’t care! The best part is I successfully delivered a herpes-free beautiful daughter without further medication. Anyone who has used Dr. Utu Herbal Cure knows just how quickly those treatments can add up. So give it a try! Anyone can reach Dr. Utu through
    drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    +2349072733661

    ReplyDelete