Monday, July 9, 2018

SDBT: Family Gatherings


Usually you think of family gatherings happening around Thanksgiving, which for us in the US means late November. But that's being pretty selfish in our way of thinking. Thanksgiving is actually celebrated in several countries across dates ranging from early October to late November.

(I also found it surprising and humorous to discover that the UK has Thanksgiving, too, held on July 4th - the day the US broke away from its motherland. I'm sure there's some kind of "rebellious child leaving home" analogy in that.)

In any case, families also gather for reunions, cookouts, birthdays, weddings, and other special events. Our designers in the Scrap Designers Blog Train have celebrated many of these with the freebies they have created for you.

Please stop by and see what we've come up with this month:

Rush Ranch
Promethean Concepts
Songbird Scraps Designs
Nellie Bell
DigiScrap Angelhaze
Lady DGScraps
DigiJen Scraps <-- You Are Here
LEA Art Designs
Moore Blessings Digital Designs

 As for me...the idea of a family gathering goes far beyond relatives. In fact, my husband and I have quite an extended family of "adopted" college kids for whom we have been parents-away-from-home over the past 11 years. Many have come and gone, graduated and moved out into the world. But they will always be in my heart, and they will always be remembered as part of my Christmas decorations each year.


I'm also keenly aware that "family" may not be mom, dad and 2.5 kids - not these days. My best friend fixes Thanksgiving dinner and invites whoever she wants because otherwise it would be just her and her boys...unless the boys are at their dad's house. For several of the college students we know, they celebrate "Friendsgiving" because they don't have time to get home to family, or because they have to stay in town for jobs during the holiday break from school. For my husband and me, it includes our daughter and grandson, but then beyond that it seems we just say "y'all come" to anyone we find who doesn't have a place to spend the day.

Anyhow...enough about the families we create. You really are wanting my part of the blog train, aren't you?



DOWNLOAD
(If anyone has trouble working with Dropbox, let me know and we'll work it out.)
Enjoy your family, whether it was created by blood, love or both. And I'll see you back here in a couple weeks for the next round of the Digi Blog Train List.






8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful graphics.❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the beautiful kit. And thank you for your stories. We have come to be "family" for many 20-something singles over the years. They hang around our house whenever it sounds like fun or whenever our kids invite one of their "sisters" or "brothers" over because they want their company. Eventually most of them get married and move on their way, but we still have a few that come around regularly. I've been asked more than once, "how many kids do you have?" What a blessing to enlarge our family this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely kit and for your family stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you this will be so useful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your contribution - both the scrap kit and your blog sharing. I think the world needs more people like you. One simple act of kindness can mean so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the lovely word arts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’d recommend using Dr. Utu Herbal Cure topically for instant pain and itch relief as well as accelerated healing of lesions and permanently stopping oral and genital herpes virus outbreaks. I have tried just about everything from acyclovir suppressive therapy to different natural oils, extracts, and other natural methods, some of which are EXTREMELY painful and exacerbate the problem (i.e. apple cider vinegar!). While vitamin E oil and suppressive therapy worked well for me, when I became pregnant I went back to trying to find a herbal cure. I was using vitamin E oil topically for a while but it was thin and difficult to use and only seemed to prevent further outbreaks rather than getting rid of it. I contacted Dr. Utu Herbal Cure through my friend. To my surprise, I could tell my outbreak was starting to heal within only a few hours! No more itching or pain! Dr. Utu Herbal Cure that I used was liquid herbs in bottles, so it was very easy to use. It simply whiffs, but it works so I don’t care! The best part is I successfully delivered a herpes-free beautiful daughter without further medication. Anyone who’s tried Dr. Utu Herbal Cure knows just how quickly those medicines can add up. So give it a try! Anyone can reach Dr. Utu through
    drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    +2349072733661

    ReplyDelete