Thursday, August 9, 2018

SCBT: Let's Hear It for the Boys!


For whatever reason, God saw fit to give me only one child - a daughter.
And she became a mom while she was still in high school, having a son.

Because she was single and still so young, I ended up doing more than a lot of grandmas have - or GET - to do with their firstborn grandchild. We have had two different stretches of time where they have both lived with us, making us a three-generation household, while she has finished high school and gotten through college. Even when she has had a place of her own, my husband and I have been the "safety net" - a place for our little guy to stay so she can have a break or go out with friends and have a bit of a normal life like other 20-somethings.

Consequently,  my grandson - now nearly 12 - and I have a really special, really close bond. He absolutely has my heart and I would do nearly anything for him.

So it was wonderful for me when this month's theme was announced: "Let's Hear It for the Boys!" My problem isn't letting people hear about my incredible Little Dude...it's learning when to shut up talking about him. LOL!

Special Outing - Sept. 2017

I definitely had my own kiddo in mind when creating this month's word art - hopefully you have some boy in your life who can be described this way, too.


And you can pick up a wide assortment of items to go with these quotes as you scrap about your favorite fella. Just stop by the blogs of these talented designers:

(I'm posting mine a few hours early, so if others don't have their parts posted yet, please be patient and check back later. I have a long work day ahead of me tomorrow and won't have time to be online.)

Enjoy! And since I don't have any predictable schedule of when new word art gets released, the best way to know when something new drops is to connect with the DigiJen Scraps Word Art Facebook page.

Thanks for your love and encouragement.


18 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for this beautiful freebie.❤️ ❤️ ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this awesome word art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, word art makes everything better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It gives that little finishing touch, doesn't it? :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for the word art! I too have had a similar experience with at daughter and a grandaughter. My Granddaughter is 12 also. It was not what I wanted for our daughter, but life goes on. My Granddaughter is the love of my life too. I have been blessed to be so much apart of her life. She has been the salvation for my daughter as well. God has blessed us richly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've often said that about our situation, too. I don't know that I'd use the word salvation, but definitely "direction." Because of him, she has had a reason to keep fighting and trying to make a better life for the two of them, when so many of her high school friends ended up making a lot of poor choices. <3

      Delete
  5. thank you fro the wonderful word art. glad you have such a blessing in your life and your daughter is blessed to have you all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The blessing is certainly ours - he's an amazing kid, and because we all have to pull together to make it work, we have a pretty close relationship with our daughter, too (in spite of sometimes not agreeing on exactly the right way to do things). ;)

      Delete
  6. I love your word art!! Thanks so much for sharing this month's creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoy them and get some use from them.

      Delete
  7. These are so cute and so...true! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute and so...true! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’d recommend using Dr. Utu Herbal Cure topically for instant pain and itch relief as well as accelerated healing of lesions and permanently stopping oral and genital herpes virus outbreaks. I have tried just about everything from acyclovir suppressive therapy to different natural oils, extracts, and other natural methods, some of which are EXTREMELY painful and exacerbate the problem (i.e. apple cider vinegar!). While vitamin E oil and suppressive therapy worked well for me, when I became pregnant I went back to trying to find a herbal cure. I was using vitamin E oil topically for a while but it was thin and difficult to use and only seemed to prevent further outbreaks rather than getting rid of it. I contacted Dr. Utu Herbal Cure through my friend. To my surprise, I could tell my outbreak was starting to heal within only a few hours! No more itching or pain! Dr. Utu Herbal Cure that I used was liquid herbs in bottles, so it was very easy to use. It simply whiffs, but it works so I don’t care! The best part is I successfully delivered a herpes-free beautiful daughter without further medication. Anyone who’s tried Dr. Utu Herbal Cure knows just how quickly those medicines can add up. So provide it a try! Anyone can reach Dr. Utu through
    drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    +2349072733661

    ReplyDelete