Sunday, September 9, 2018

SDBT: Farm & Fair


Welcome back to another blog train!

Lori always seems to find themes that really pique my interest, and this month is no different.

You wouldn't know it to look at me now...all suburbia living in a college town, enjoying pizza delivery and having a grocery store less than five minutes away...but I grew up as a farm girl. I played in the hay loft, gathered eggs from chickens (while dodging the mean rooster), bottle fed calves, swam in a pond in the back yard, ground corn for the cows. I'm the only person my age I know who had water trucked in and dumped into a well, remembers a hand pump at the kitchen sink, had bath water heated on the stove, took baths in a washtub sitting in the middle of the kitchen, and actually used an outhouse on a regular basis. (We finally installed a water heater and running water and built a bathroom in the corner of the basement when I was about 10.) Later, when I was in high school and we lived on a different farm, my dad switched from raising cows to raising turkeys, so I learned all the steps involved in THAT process.

I won't say I loved it, but it was a solid way to be raised and it was good to know how to work.

Now, here's the funny part.

Lori (who organizes this train) paired "farm" with "fair." She didn't realize she had a county fair queen in her group of designers, I'm betting. 🤣🤣🤣


Sadly, all the pictures of me AS queen (with the tiara and sash and all that) were mostly in the newspaper. The few prints I got were black and white (and overexposed) and are buried in a tote full of pictures in my closet. But this was the "contestant portrait" that all of us girls had taken beforehand. And just so you know...it's not all glamourous. Not when you have prize-winning pigs trying to sniff up your skirt or have to wear a fireman's coat when you're sitting on stage in the middle of the muddy demolition derby arena. (But the free elephant ears were definitely a perk!)

So yeah...farms and fairs. You're pretty much talking about my life up to the time I left home for college.

That's why I was so excited to create this word art for "Farm & Fair" month!


 And if you haven't seen the rest of our designers' offerings, you really should! With a picture of a magnificent rooster as our inspiration this month, we had nearly every color and shade available for our palette. Go grab some goodies!

Sugarbutt Designs
Songbird Scraps Designs
Rush Ranch
KJDdesigns
Promethean Concepts
AnnieCDigitals
Skinni’s Scraps and Stuff
DigiScrap Angelhaze
Nellie Bell
LEA Art Designs
DigiJen Scraps  <-- You Are Here
Moore Blessings Digital Design


Hope you enjoy what we've put together for you this month. See you back soon for the next blog train. (And I have ideas like crazy...one of these days I'll have time to create some non-train bits for you.)

As always, to keep up with the latest releases of my word art, go like/follow my Facebook page:
DigiJen Scraps Word Art

Hugs,



12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for these beautiful graphics.😍 😍 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the story, now I can say I know royalty ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That may be stretching it, but thanks for the visual. :D

      Delete
  3. Jenni, nothing like memories to inspire you!! We just had our 42nd fair together, my hubby and I. These are wonderful, thank you! Fair queens are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the story, it takes me back to my days on the farm. We had indoor plumbing with the old outhouse as back up. With 7 people in a one bathroom house, the outhouse was put in use on many occasions. In summers, we headed down to the river with a bar of ivory soap after a day in the fields or the 2 acre garden. Ah, memories!

    Thank you for your wonderful contribution to the train.i can picture a few layouts with it now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the beautiful Word Art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be happy that you got to experience that for you were given a fuller life then most and far more interesting tales to tell. Life always gives us difficult lessons to learn and you'll be stronger for it. I wish everyone could have experienced that.. .they would be more grateful for what they have. Thank you for your gift...God bless

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your story! Thank you for these authentic thoughts word arts! Loving this theme!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome gift, thanks a lot from one transplanted farm girl to another, appreciate your generous heart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful childhood memories you have to share with your children!! Thank you for sharing the lovely word art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’d recommend using Dr. Utu Herbal Cure topically for instant pain and itch relief as well as accelerated healing of lesions and permanently stopping oral and genital herpes virus outbreaks. I have tried just about everything from acyclovir suppressive therapy to different natural oils, extracts, and other natural methods, some of which are EXTREMELY painful and exacerbate the problem (i.e. apple cider vinegar!). While vitamin E oil and suppressive therapy worked well for me, when I became pregnant I went back to trying to find a herbal cure. I was using vitamin E oil topically for a while but it was thin and difficult to use and only seemed to prevent further outbreaks rather than getting rid of it. I contacted Dr. Utu Herbal Cure through my friend. To my surprise, I could tell my outbreak was starting to heal within only a few hours! No more itching or pain! Dr. Utu Herbal Cure that I used was liquid herbs in bottles, so it was very easy to use. It simply whiffs, but it works so I don’t care! The best part is I successfully delivered a herpes-free beautiful daughter without further medication. Anyone who’s tried Dr. Utu Herbal Cure knows just how quickly those treatments can count. So give it a try! Anyone can reach Dr. Utu through
    drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    +2349072733661

    ReplyDelete